Skip to content

9 Comments

1. Becky Pettit on February 8, 2018 at 6:29 am

I oppose any change that is in conflict with a persons directive. It is simply illegal and violates their religious rights in many cases. What does Oregon have such little respect for life? I think egos want to leave legacy and have no respect for lifw, just convenience and pride.

2. Margaret Maier on February 8, 2018 at 11:46 am

I oppose H.B.4135 because it leaves the decision to be made for certain rights for Oregon residences to be made by the govt. This is very unjust.

3. Nancy A Sperling on February 8, 2018 at 1:04 pm

I strongly oppose HB 41351. Please vote NO!

4. allen preslar on February 8, 2018 at 4:24 pm

I oppose HB 4135. Please vote no!

5. Linda Russell on February 9, 2018 at 8:34 am

VOTE NO ON HB 4135!

6. Betty Meier on February 9, 2018 at 12:27 pm

I would say to our law makers—stop trying to play god with peoples lives in this state! We all know in the end is all about the money!! Shame on you! Vote no on HB 4135

7. Diane L. Hayes on February 10, 2018 at 11:24 am

I very strongly oppose HB 4135. This is not humane and certainly not a decision for governments to make. It feels like murder to me and I agree it is about money.

8. Marlene Sampels on February 10, 2018 at 2:33 pm

This comment is to both State Legislators,
    Please oppose HB4135 when you are voting !!!!! At almost 80 years of age this bill could effect my length of life. Senior citizens are still valuable and it is not the governments place to make end of life decisions for my family. Thank you for listening.

9. Diane Strutz on February 14, 2018 at 10:05 am

I am the only living member in my family; I’m almost 71. I vehemently oppose HB4135, first, because it means that should I be in a state of health that compromises my ability to respond, I can be terminated (murdered). The entire body of law that shows no respect for the unborn (abortion) and elderly (granting a health care provider any right to kill them when they have not consented) is heinous and an abominable breach of human freedom and disrespect for the God-given right to life. As a United States citizen I expect my right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness to be honored by government representatives. Second, in the present state of affairs, all anti-life legislation and talk thereof has marred all confidence that I might have had in the medical profession. Third, but most importantly, I expect my religious values to be respected by the legislature. This means I believe a person no matter how small or old or sick or incapacited has a right to food and water. My religion forbids suicide and the taking of life except to defend one’s country or defend it against threatened personal injury. God, the Creator of everything that fulfills his sublime purposes and Author of the gift of human freedom, is the one and only author of life who must be respected by those who wield earthly power.

Diane Strutz, retired public school teacher.